Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CHRISTmas

CHRISTmas is fast approaching and I am doing the usual wait till the last minute shopping.  Really could it be so much fun planning ahead??  If you know me, then you know I might be a tad crazy and unusual and I’m okay with that. However, I think I’m not so out of the ordinary. Plenty of people think CHRISTmas and think, budget, money, running and shopping. You think those things until you are so stressed and all the fun of Christmas is over.  Well, STOP! It’s that simple. If it is stressing you out then simply don’t do the budget, money, running and shopping.  Some of you might say I’m the Grinch (You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch, you’re a ….la la la). I’m REALLY not trying to be. I just want like so many other CHRISTians for ALL to understand the TRUE meaning!  I honestly get bummed when I find out a family who doesn’t pray, doesn’t attend church (even sometimes), doesn’t be a CHRISTain all year and then wants to celebrate CHRISTmas.  I know I should be happy that they are “putting forth the effort” of CHRISTmas but, gifts, ARE NOT CHRISTmas. We all know the true meaning!  It is powerful to me!  POWERFUL! Jesus was born because I am a sinner!  He was born to save me!  Jesus was born to make all the awful things I do EACH day forgiven!  And guess what, Jesus saved YOU from your sins too!  Yes, YOU! I don’t know how anyone could have CHRISTmas in their home with JUST gifts!  PLEASE share the true meaning of CHRISTmas in your home; it’s a birthday party. Who doesn’t like a birthday party?  
Please open up your Bibles to: Isaiah 9:6


 

No comments:

Post a Comment