Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do you feel about what you do?

What do you do each day?  How do you feel when you are doing those things?  Do you make decisions that are effecting many lives, do you play with numbers or children, do you make small choices for your families well being? All of the above? No matter what you do. You should know the truth!
If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.” Psalm 37:23-24
You see it is simple.  If you feel miserable with whatever you are doing, don’t do it.  If you are indeed in the path our Lord wants you to be in, you will know! 
I have done many CRAZY things and have made my family and myself miserable. However, I have found that the times I am closest to God are the times I am the happiest and so are those around me.  Sometimes it just takes eliminating something that is taking our time to reflect.  Saying “No” to something that may be too much, or saying “Yes” to something that may bring you closer to our Lord.  Opportunities may knock at your door and you may find it hard to know if this is a no or a yes.  Most likely if you pray you will know the answer, however, if you are like me you might be a stubborn person and pick the answer you want instead of the “right way”. Well, my friend it is then when you will stumble and make yourself go nuts!  That is how you will know it was the wrong choice. Where is your Bible?  If you lost it find it and put it back on your lap.
If you are wondering what you should do each day, the answer, pray. Everyday pray, get close to God. Only then will you find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment