Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Letting Go


Luke 10:38-42 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

            WOW! Since William has started kindergarten I have realized that no longer does the “new year” start at January.  I am looking forward to the “year end” in May!  However, this year has brought many new changes into my life, some were good and others not so. Someone just recently told me “busy isn’t always a good thing”.  My entire life I have never been a fan of being busy.  I like to be relaxed and enjoy life’s special moments. Somehow though this year has brought me many opportunities that I just felt the need to take on.  The more I took on the more important I felt.  The more people needed me the better I felt about life.  I said yes so many times that in the end I felt I was lacking my family and my faith. I listen to other moms talk about how they were so busy and I felt I needed to take on more because that was what a mom needed to do.  Busy in my mind meant a good mom, wife, co-worker etc., I ignored the fact that I was losing grip to the things that mattered most. When that special person said “busy isn’t always a good thing” it just clicked.  WHAT ON EARTH WAS I DOING! I was doing everything backwards.  
            So, I have started thinking more before I say yes.   Before I would just say yes and figure out how it worked out in my life after.  I have begun to pray and ask God if this is something I should or should not consider.  Sometimes He will give me a sign other times I might have to wait longer than I would like (everything in his time). That too was part of my problem, I’m just am not a patient person so if I say yes, then I know it gets done NOW.  I have found that if I pray before EVEY little decision then somehow it doesn’t make such a BIG deal in my life. It will just flow. And I do mean every little thing.  For example I said a prayer about a PTO event and whether or not I should purchase a craft.  Not to long after someone sent me an e-mail willing to help and wanted to buy them herself. I just had to wait, be patient and let it be in God’s hands.
            Now that I have put things into perspective (the RIGHT perspective) it feels GREAT to let go of some of the commitments I’ve had and have worked so hard on. I’m looking forward to gaining my time back with God and sitting back with my family. Let the lazy days of summer being sooner rather than latter in my new found physical year!

No comments:

Post a Comment