Monday, August 1, 2011

A Host in Heaven

Being a hostess really is a good time.  I love having people at my home and playing hostess. I have learned through the past couple months that it is okay to host a gathering even when your house is a mess! Infact, I learned most recently that there really shouldn’t be any other way! Why was it before I’ve always thought Oh, no… people are coming over I’ve got to clean every corner of my house. Why? We all know after everyone leaves it is going to be even more a mess then it was when you started cleaning the day before. So, I gave that a try this past weekend. I just picked up some things here and there but for the most part didn’t do a lot of cleaning. I was a little more relaxed and didn’t care so much that little wet feet were running on the newly moped floor or that sand was getting EVERYWHERE. It was fine. It was great to see my own children enjoy sharing all their toys and greeting the guests too. Children get so excited when they know their friends are coming over to play! We counted down the day to our beach party every day that week.  They had such a wonderful time that day and are still talking about it two days later! I wondered what Ivan thought as he looked down at this fabulous time we were having.  He would have been two this July and I’m sure he would have been creating lots of messes of his own. Instead he gets to greet all the newcomers into Heaven and be a host himself! It is in honor of Ivan James Hrouda I celebrate the month of July! I looked forward to having a gathering with all of you in Heaven with my son Ivan! I bet I won’t even have to worry about cleaning!!!
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment